Thursday, June 24, 2010

This Weekend

Tomorrow morning we leave to go camping down the coast in Big Sur. I haven't been to where we are going for at least 5 years. I stumble on writing that, it doesn't seem possible that 5 years have passed. I was just out in the garden, late nite while my family sleeps, watering and picking and on my way back I walk past my big beautiful borage plant which volunteered to grow on the edge of the tomato garden. Every time I see borage in my yard I think of the lovely place where we are going as it was the first place I ever saw borage. I remember seeing it out the back door under some apple trees, right next to the kiwi vines, and thinking it was the most gorgeous plant I had ever seen. I've always had some in my garden since then.

I'm so excited to visit this special place again and be able to bring my family and some friends to take in those hills and swim in those waters. Ahhhhhh.


Have a great weekend, see you next week!

No comments: