Friday, July 11, 2008

Welcome to our garden

The view from the West Entrance of the Children's Garden
corn, marigold, cerinthe, tomato, climbing bean, sunflower, baby pumpkin, cinderella pumpkin
A view of my favorite windowless window inside the inner circle of the children's garden.

The "north entrance"


The "west entrance"



Joyfulness





An overview of our garden today

This is my current favorite bed, it is the most active right now with all the growth and positive proliferation. Mesclun loose leaf lettuce, cucumbers, beans, carrots.


Glorious cilantro, which bolted before I left on our travels. It now has some really awesome coriander balls formed, so it continues to flourish without my hand to pull it -- I'm looking forward to the fresh spice! Also some spent lettuce, about to be tilled in tomorrow because it has gone bitter.
It fed us all spring. Thank you lettuce bed!







This
beautiful
sage
always catches my attention
with it's graceful arches and flowers






Black grass
just for fun






3 comments:

Sherri said...

I can't believe how much it's changed since we were there (well, granted...it's been 3 months) It all looks so great!

Angie said...

Holy moly. I bow at your garden prowess. I have so much to learn from you!!!!

Erin said...

Thanks Sherri! Ya it really has changed in the last few months. The summer sun and heat just makes things GROW!

Angie you flatter me! :) Thank you!