Monday, July 21, 2008

BUILD IT GREEN!

Way to rock it Cyrus!
This certificate from BUILD IT GREEN just came in the mail (finally!) printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper and using non-toxic soy ink.

We are fortunate to live in an area where people are not only interested in green building, but financially capable of deciding to do it on a large scale, with great local resources for design concepts and materials. For those who do not know this already my husband, Cyrus, is a general contractor who builds and renovates custom homes.

He also built our home and it is beautiful! The homes he is paid to build have just a ummm bit more square footage than our 688 :) (hey I helped build our house! can you picture me with a roofing gun in my hand?!) and I have to say... much of our home is quite green. On purpose.
We are quite excited that the owner of the current project he has going is very interested in green alternatives!!!!!
We are in the process of greening our home office and researching paper and ink alternatives. I would also love to solarize our home office. It wouldn't be too extensive and would give us a chance to experiment with different brands and practices. Exciting stuff in my universe :)

Livin' la vida verde!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Both on the certification and that You helped build your own house. I wish we lived closer, we are thinking seriously of adding on to our house and I want to do it in a passive/solar and 'green' kind of way. I know there is at least one green builder in town... I have to find their info.

Lindsay said...

YAY! Congrats cuz.

Erin said...

Thanks Lindsay! :)

Sonoma Mama I wished we lived closer too, not just so we could do your addition! I'd be over there ogling your garden and fruit trees! haha :)

Tamra said...

Congratulations to Cyrus. That is wonderful............you guys live such an exciting lifestyle. Lots of creative thinking on the veggies too for meals. If I lived with you I'd probably gain 10 lbs eating all that cream and butter YUM!

S. Bean said...

Wow E and C that is wonderful! Great job- kuddos to you Cy!
Yes, your life does sound exciting!