Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful in the Garden

I was racing through the garden tonight getting dinner together as quickly as I could when I found myself in a big rush with 2 leeks, a handful of purple bush beans, a creamy zucchini, and a handful of herbs in my hand. I had to stop. And think. And give thanks. I'm thankful to my garden for so many reasons. I'm thankful we spent the time double digging, building strong beds, adding compost and earthworm castings and kelp and..... everything lovely and organic. I'm thankful we chose all that because apparently the ways in which we have chosen do just fine on their own. I'm especially thankful because besides putting seeds in the ground and watering, I haven't been able to do much for the garden this season.

Thank you garden. And back atcha!