Friday, July 31, 2009

Cooking with tomato leaves?

I'll do this post in green since that is ALL I SEE when I look at my tomato plants ;) I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in my general area whose tomatoes have yet to ripen (or umm...grow much fruit yet). Seeing as I have a whole lot of tomato leaf right now, I was pretty happy to happen upon this article in the NY Times. It got me thinking; I've always heard that tomato leaves are toxic. But now? I'm going to have to play a bit with them now that I know I can. I'll be back with my findings. In the mean time, I thought you might like to play too. I'd love to hear if you end up with something fabulous!

1 comment:

Ruth Trowbridge said...

Eat tomato leaves? What? I just learned you can eat bean leaves? And some plants in other countries they eat the roots. It would be great to eat as much plant as possible. Peace